I see you're looking to install window film on your home. Sounds good, we've got you covered!
Just a reminder, we do install Window Film, so if you're looking for a quick and easy install WITH warranty, feel free to reach out to us and schedule an appointment.
Now for the installation process.
Step By Step Guide.
- Window film kit
- Window cleaner
- Lint-free cloth or squeegee
- Utility knife or scissors
- Measuring tape
- Spray bottle with water and a few drops of dish soap
Step 1: Clean the Window
- Start by thoroughly cleaning the window to remove any dirt, dust, or debris. Use a window cleaner and a lint-free cloth to ensure a clean surface.
Step 2: Measure the Window
- Measure the dimensions of the window to determine the size of the window film needed. Cut the film with a utility knife or scissors, leaving an extra inch on each side for adjustments.
Step 3: Prepare the Film
- Lay the film on a flat, clean surface with the protective backing facing up. If the kit includes a cutting grid, use it to guide your cutting.
Step 4: Wet the Window
- Fill a spray bottle with water and add a few drops of dish soap. Thoroughly wet the entire window with the soapy water solution. This helps in the application process.
Step 5: Apply the Film
- Peel a few inches of the protective backing from the top of the film. Spray the adhesive side with the soapy water solution. Place the top edge of the film against the top of the window and align it.
Step 6: Smooth Out the Film
- Gradually peel off the rest of the protective backing while spraying the adhesive side. Use a squeegee or lint-free cloth to smooth out the film, starting from the center and working towards the edges. This helps remove air bubbles and ensures a secure adhesion.
Step 7: Trim Excess Film
- Once the film is applied and smooth, use a utility knife or scissors to trim the excess film along the edges. Be careful not to scratch the window.
Step 8: Repeat for Multiple Panes
- If you have multiple panes on a window, repeat the process for each pane separately.
Step 9: Allow to Dry
- Leave the film to dry completely. This may take a day or two, depending on the climate.
Step 10: Final Inspection
- Check for any remaining air bubbles or imperfections. If needed, use the squeegee to smooth them out.
- Clean the window film with a mild soapy water solution and a soft cloth.
- Avoid using abrasive materials or harsh chemicals on the film.
Remember, the key is to work carefully and patiently to achieve a smooth and bubble-free application.
Remember, We Can Do the Install for You, with a Warranty Included!
While DIY window film installation can be a rewarding challenge, it's not for everyone. At Sun Control of Wisconsin, we're window film aficionados, and we take pride in delivering flawless installations, backed by a comprehensive warranty. Here's what you get with our expert touch:
- Guaranteed precision: Our experienced technicians know all the tricks and techniques to achieve a bubble-free, wrinkle-free finish.
- Time-saving magic: Skip the prep, measuring, and sweating – we handle it all, leaving you free to relax and dream of cooler days.
- Warranty peace of mind: Enjoy the confidence of knowing your window film is protected against any material or installation defects.
So, which path will you choose? Whether you're a DIY enthusiast or crave professional perfection, Sun Control of Wisconsin is here to help you unlock the full potential of window film!
- Choose the right film: Not all window films are created equal! We can help you select the perfect film for your specific needs and preferences.
- Consider professional tinting for your car: Don't forget your four-wheeled friend! We offer expert car window tinting for added comfort and style.
- Get a free quote: Contact Sun Control of Wisconsin today for a free consultation and quote on your window film project!
We hope this guide has empowered you, and we wish you good luck!